The RESEARCH CENTER FOR MACROMOLECULAR MATERIALS AND MEMBRANES (RCMMM) is a share company established in January 1993.
Our institute, recently turned into a private company, aims mainly at making researches related to macromolecular materials and membranes, which is in fact a priority multidisciplinary development direction with direct consequences on the protection of the environment and of people's heath.
The main fields of activity of our institute are the following :
- Fundamental and applicative research for:
- producing new macromolecular materials;
- membrane preparation and characterization;
- study of membrane processes;
- unconventional technologies with applications in food industry and in medicine;
- systems based on the artificial intelligence.
Updating training of specialists
- specific scientific event organization
Our object of activity :
- Advanced and applied research in the area of macromolecular and membrane materials.
- Preparation of membranes and their characterization.
- Study of membrane processes:
- Microfiltration, ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, electrodialysis
- Pervaporation, gas separation
- Surfactants in membrane processes
- Liquid membranes, emulsion membranes
- Immobilization of cells and enzymes
- Membrane reactors, membrane catalysis.
- Characterization of membranes and porous filtrating materials.
- Organization of courses for training and improving of specialists, organization of internal and international scientifically meetings in the specific areas.
- Production of membranes, filtrating elements and liquid purification systems
In time, the fields of activity of the institute developed and changed, its researchers analyzing other problems imposed by the economic and social requirements.
- Food Industry
- Chemical and Petrochemical Industry
- Health, Medication
- Water purification
- Treatment of waste waters and pollution control
- Recovery of metals
- Computer science